Every day regular people like you lose their hard-earned money to online phishing scams. Don’t fall for fake — learn how to spot shady texts, emails, and phone calls by knowing the things your bank would never ask.
Outsmart Scammers with 'Banks Never Ask That'
Click here to learn more from scam awareness tips, tricks, red flags, games, videos and more from the American Bankers Association.
Stay Safe from Scams with These Tips
Text Message Scams
- Slow down and think before you act
- Don't click links
- Never send personal information
- Delete the message
Mobile Payment App Scams
- Be wary of texts or calls about payment apps
- Use payment apps to pay people you know and trust only (like your friends and family)
- Raise the alarm on urgent payment requests or requests for additional money if the payment transaction isn't going through
- Avoid unusual payment methods
Phone Call Scams
- Don't rely on caller ID
- Never give your personal, private and sensitive information to a caller
- Watch out for a false sense of urgency
- Hang up, even if it sounds legit
- Avoid clicking suspicious links
- Watch for scare tactics
- Look for attachments and typos
- Be skeptical of every email
- Think before you click
Click here to learn more from the American Bankers Association on their "Banks Never Ask That" site.
Get Scam Smart with These New Videos
Want to get smarter about scams? Check out these new 'Banks Never Ask That' videos!
"Banks Never Ask That - Garbage Day
Banks Never Ask That - Fake Links
Banks Never Ask For Your PIN
The Great Outdoors - Banks Never Ask You To Text Your Username and PIN
Banks Never Send You Links to Unfreeze Your Account
Wireless carrier charges may apply.
You will be linking to another website not owned or operated by Legend Bank and we aren't responsible for the content of this website.