This Christmas classic will keep your spirits bright while helping you watch out for scammers and their sneaky tactics to get your money!
Grab a cup of hot cocoa and your favorite Christmas cookies and get ready to watch.
Don't Let a Scammer Steal Your Christmas!
Unfortunately scams have become a very common way to trick consumers into sharing private, personal information with fraudsters or send money to them. There are scams in just about every category and puppy scams are a very popular scam! Don't let a scammer try to steal your Christmas this holiday season. Stay safe from scams with these tips:
Mobile Payment App Scams
- Be wary of texts or calls about payment apps
- Use payment apps to pay people you know and trust only (like your friends and family)
- Raise the alarm on urgent payment requests or requests for additional money if the payment transaction isn't going through
- Avoid unusual payment methods
Text Message Scams
- Slow down and think before you act
- Don't click links
- Never send personal information
- Delete the message
Phone Call Scams
- Don't rely on caller ID
- Never give your personal, private and sensitive information to a caller
- Watch out for a false sense of urgency
- Hang up, even if it sounds legit
- Avoid clicking suspicious links
- Watch for scare tactics
- Look for attachments and typos
- Be skeptical of every email
- Think before you click
Click here to learn more scam awareness tips, tricks, red flags, games, videos and more from the American Bankers Association.
We are partnering with the Wise County Animal Shelter to help find homes for these six dogs this Christmas. Legend Bank is covering the cost of spay/neuter services so that these sweet dogs can find a home at no cost to the person adopting them! If you or someone you know is looking for a dog for Christmas, please consider adopting and contact the Wise County Animal Shelter at 940-627-7577 or visit their Facebook page.
If you want to help, but can't adopt a dog this holiday season, please consider making a donation at any of our branch locations. We are partnering with several shelters in our communities and their needs are included below. Thank you for your support.
|Wise County Animal Shelter||Lucky Paws in Nocona|
|Bonham Animal Shelter||Clay County Animal Shelter|
|Friends of Bowie Animal Shelter|
Meet the Cast and CrewLook for your favorite banker, their kids, and a super cute puppy in this year's video.
- Mom: Jody Andrews, Application Manager, VP
- Dad: Jeff Brooks, Chief Lending Officer, EVP
- Scammer: Keith Pace, Sr. Credit Officer, SVP
- Scam Detector: Chris Simpson, Loss Prevention Manager, SVP
- Bank Loss Prevention: Sarah Segura, Loss Prevention Officer, and Jody Peek, Loss Prevention Specialist II
- Santa: John Lee, Chief Credit Officer, EVP
- Puppy: Belle
- Legend Bank Family:
- Brennan Williams, Decatur Branch President, SVP, with wife Andria & kiddos: Delainey, Dally, and Deacon
- Lois Harris, Special Assets Representative, AVP
- Amanda Baker, Executive Assistant, with daughters Emma and Sophia
- Vanessa Moreno, Human Resources Specialist, with daughter Natalie
- Kristy Johnson, Compliance Analyst
- Les Bankhead, BSA Analyst II, AVP
- Jeff Slade, IT Support Manager, VP
- James Jeffers, Credit Analyst
- Evan Hughes, Credit Analysis Officer, VP, with daughter Presley
- Tammy Fulfer, Training Director, VP
- Jacqueta Moore, Human Resource Director, SVP, with son Leighton
- Tristan Butcher, Marketing Analyst
- Kallie Bilby, Decatur Branch Manager, AVP, with kiddos Jayden, Lovie, and Kylie
- Tonya Gilbert, Application Support Specialist
- Kimber & Logan Hill
- Jody Andrews
- Keith Pace
- Announcer: Evan Hughes
- Decorating Crew: Santana Gilreath, Compliance Officer, SVP, Amanda Baker, Vanessa Moreno, Kristy Johnson and Les Bankhead
- Cinematographer & Film Editor: Jack Enright, IT Support Specialist
- Film Director: Randi Mitchell, Marketing Director, VP
- Title Designer & Graphics: Rebecca Ryan
Wireless carrier charges may apply.