The strength of our communities and our great nation comes from each and every one of us remaining strong together, even when we are keeping our social distance.
"In these desperate times, just remember...
- kindness is not canceled.
- love is not canceled.
- hope is not canceled.
- faith is not canceled."
During this difficult time, we are finding encouragement in the many blessings that are becoming apparent through our social distancing and quarantine. Things like:
- American flags being displayed proudly in neighborhoods and at businesses.
- People spending time with their families, enjoying walks in their neighborhoods.
- Neighbors waving hello and sharing a friendly smile from their driveway or porch.
- Slowing down to appreciate the things we've taken for granted or haven't had time for in the past.
- Enjoying family dinners and game/movie nights.
- Appreciation for technology that has brought us the ability to work and meet remotely as well as connect with our friends and family.
- More time for rest, reflection, faith and and trust in God's word.
Resources & Ways to Get Help
- Financial Hardship - We understand that this time may present financial hardships to our customers. If you are impacted please contact your lender or local branch manager to see how we may be able to help to you.
- 2-1-1 Texas: If you need help or know someone that does, please have them call 2-1-1. It's a free, anonymous social service hotline available 24/7/365. They are committed to helping Texans get connected with the services they need. Learn more about 2-1-1 Texas.
- Watch for Coronavirus Scams - The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has released tips you can take to avoid being a victim of a Coronavirus Scam. These scams include phishing emails, online offers for vaccinations, charitable contributions and more. Review these tips and resources to protect yourself by visiting the FTC website.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Legend Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. This means that each depositor is insured to at least $250,000. To provide you with even more confidence, since 1933, no depositor has ever lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds. Learn more by reading information provided by the FDIC by clicking here.
- Additional Insurance Protection - If you have questions about how to protect your large-dollar deposits, we can help. Talk with one of our bankers about CDARS and why it is one of the safest and smartest investments for investors looking to protect their large-dollar investments. You can learn more about CDARS by clicking here.
- CDC Tips to Protect Yourself - We feel it is important to share the best practices to prevent illness, provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You can learn more by visiting their website here. Their website includes guidance on how best to disinfect surfaces as well as handwashing tips and other helpful resources.