Direct Connect for Windows Conversion Instructions
As you know, Legend Bank is changing our online and mobile banking systems to provide you with a better, more robust banking experience. Prior to this transition, QuickBooks Online settings will need to be updated to ensure transition of your data.
There are some very important, time sensitive items that you'll need to complete as a part of this transition. We asked that you pay careful attention to the dates listed for each item below. It is critical for you to complete a final download of your data before August 17, 2020 by 2 pm CST. To complete these instructions, use your login credentials for Direct Connect.
Direct Connect may require registration. Please contact your financial institution to verify your Direct Connect login information.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes. We appreciate your time with this transition to ensure your data transitions properly.
Please follow the steps below to ensure your data transitions properly.
Action Item #1
- Back up your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANTIf multiple computers do not use the same QuickBooks data file, skip step 3. QuickBooks activities such as Online Banking cannot be performed in multi-user mode because of the way the activities interact with a company data file.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANTIf you are not using Classic Mode (Register Mode), enable it for the conversion. You can change it back after the conversion is complete.
Enable Classic Mode (Register Mode).
For instructions to enable Classic Mode (Register Mode), choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.
Action Item #2
We recommend that you complete a final download of your data before 2 pm on August 17.
- Choose Banking menu > Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center.
- Choose Legend Bank from the drop-down menu.
- Click Send/Receive.
- Enter credentials (if required) and click OK.
- Repeat steps for each account.
Action Item #3
Match Downloaded Transactions
If new transactions were received from your connection, accept all new transactions into the appropriate registers.
If you need assistance matching transactions, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Matching Transactions and follow the instructions.
Action Item #4
Disconnect Accounts in QuickBooks before 2 pm on August 17.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose Lists menu > Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account you want to deactivate.
- Choose Edit menu > Edit Account.
- Click on the Bank Feed Settings tab in the Edit Account window.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services and click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any dialog boxes that may appear with the deactivation.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Action Item #5Reconnect Accounts to the new Legend Bank Online Banking on August 18.
- Choose Banking menu > Bank Feeds > Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- Enter, then select Legend Bank. Click Next.
- If prompted for connectivity type, select Direct Connect.
- Link your bank accounts with the existing QuickBooks accounts and click Connect.
- Re-enable Express Mode (if necessary)
If you prefer Classic Mode (Register Mode), you are finished with your conversion. If you use Express Mode for online banking, you may now re-enable the mode.
For instructions to enable Express Mode, choose Help > QuickBooks Help. Search for Banking Feed Modes, then select Bank Feed Modes overview, and follow the instructions.
Thank you for making these important changes. If you have any questions or we can provide you with further assistance, please contact us.